Sensible Colorado                                                 The Silver Surfer
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cannabis infused oil and butter

Default Cannabis infused oil and butter

The best way I have found to extract the most ammount of cannabinoids into an oil is through the use of a pressure cooker.

I have a 6qt pressure cooker. I combine 3 1/2 cups of dried sweetleaf trim with 4 sticks of butter or coconut oil. I then fill the 6qt pressure cooker with water untill the water level is about 1 1/2" from the top of the pot. Proceed to cook on high for an hour and 20 minutes, being careful not to evaporate all of the water out of the pressure cooker. Strain the trim through a strainer into a large plastic bowl, collecting about 1 1/2 cups of trim. Smash the trim down into the strainer with a spoon to remove all of the oil (it seems to collect in the trim). Throw out the smashed trim, and proceed to strain and smash the trim about 1 1/2 cups at a time untill all of the trim has been smashed for it's essence. Place the strained butter/coconut oil and water mix in the fridge, the butter/coconut oil will solidify on top of the water. Once solidified (about 3 hrs), remove the solid butter/ cocont oil from the top of the water and place in a pot to melt it. throw out the water left in the bowl. If using butter, wash the light brown stuff off of the bottom of the butter (it imparts a weedy taste). Melt the butter/coconut oil untill warm and strain through a cheese cloth into a bowl or measuring device to solidify and use.

Blog Entries

I have never tried using a pressure cooker, but I will now. Thanks for sharing!

Great idea. Thanks!

I tried this last weekend with great success! I prefer the coconut oil for health reasons. Thanks for the recipe!

When you use the pressure cooker, do you cook it under pressure?

Yes, cook it under pressure. I think the internal temp gets to be around 300 degrees. Cook it for an hour and a half after the pressure valve opens and the pot starts to hiss.

Snacky75, did it seem to come out more potent than normal boiling? I had to leave my trim in a crock pot for 3 days for it to be as potent as the pressure cooker.

did this again with the PC. works like a charm1!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sputnik View Post
    Snacky75, did it seem to come out more potent than normal boiling? I had to leave my trim in a crock pot for 3 days for it to be as potent as the pressure cooker.

i would say so sput.

Does anyone here know where I can BUY butter if I have my license?

+ Reply to Thread