As of August 2011, I started working as a medtender in the MMJ industry. I am 27 years old and have been using cannabis for over a decade, but have not always noticed the true medicinal aspects this plant holds until recently.
I see many patients with many different symptoms come through the doors every day. Some cases are more severe than others and there are certain patients that touch your heart in a special way. One day a young woman, we will call her Sara, did just this.
She came through the door for the first time in a wheelchair and I shortly learned that she just had a stroke that affected the right side of her body. Her symptoms were debilitating and you could see the pain in her eyes. The pharamaceutical meds she was taking, OF COURSE, were not relieving her pain.
Sara did not have any previous experience with cannabis in her life. I suggested several different edibles and a couple of CBD oriented strains. After a month and a half, Sara visited my dispensary for only the second time
She came WALKING through the doors with a smile on her face and personally thanked me for helping her to regain the ability to do normal things around her house that she could not do before trying cannabis. I tried to fight the back tears. Only the second time in, and walking! Sara continues to smile and improve everytime I see her.
From this point on, my eyes were opened in a completely different way. Its not hard to see what works when it's directly in front of your face. All of the people against mmj need to get over themselves and get on board with what this plant can actually do for people. As for me, I will continue to help patients like "Sara," who seek help via cannabis.
- Arthur

Granted, winning a super silver would be a special occasion since I've never had one, but really, I wrote this story for the people out there who need to be educated on what MMJ can actually do for people. " Once in a while you will get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."